Photo: Hector Sanchez
by Brittani Parker-Berdeguez
Ladies and gentlemen, we’re smack dab in the middle of National Ice Cream Month. I couldn’t believe it, either; there’s actually a month dedicated to everyone’s guilty pleasure! As I type this, I feel my stomach rumbling and my taste buds growing restless. Since this is an exciting month, I’ll share with you a delicious recipe from MyRecipes.com that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. This recipe is for Buttermilk ice cream.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste (Vanilla Extract may be substituted)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Process all ingredients in a blender 30 seconds or until very smooth. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
2. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 ½-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.)
3. Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container, and freeze up to 1 week.
If you want to be really adventurous, you can place a scoop or two between two big, soft chocolate chip cookies. Happy eatin’!